Diesel exhaust liquid (DEF) has been used to reduce toxic diesel NOx emissions by reducing them to less than 500 ppm.
In the coming years, expect revisions to the 2010 EPA regulations. DEF will play an important role in the control of diesel nitrous oxide, and other particulate matters.
Diesel fluids, including oil, fuel, and coolants, cannot be infected by DEF. On the other hand, DEF cannot infect diesel fluids including fuel and oil without causing severe damage to the selective catalyst reduction ( SC) system.
DEF You must dedicate the transfer pumps. Consider the corrosive nature of DEFs when shopping.
There is a DEF pump that will suit your company based on storage needs and storage solutions. This guide will help you choose the right DEF pump.
Review of the Best DEF Hand Pump
For extracting DEF up to 400 lb., hand pumps like rotary or lever action are ideal. barrels.
It is easy to re-insert the barrel in another barrel, and it is simple to clean. Hand pumps are affordable and easy to modify. Perfect for limited diesel services.
Luxmax was established in 1981 and is an international OEM company that specializes in automotive components and systems.
The DEF hand pump LX-1324 is resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for small diesel shops or individual operators.
Construction made from stainless steel and polyphenylene sulfurate. This is a great way to transfer DEF. The LX-1324 pumps 1 gallon per 14 revolutions and is self-priming. Luxmax pumps come with a 40-inch stainless steel suction tube.
- It is easy to use and can be used with a wide range of drum sizes and capacities.
- A name-brand company offers a low-cost pump
- Each part of the pump is resistant to corrosion
- Limited reviews for a great company
- Operators will need to purchase hoses and fittings.
DEF The distribution channels are looking at every angle to improve storage and transfer methods.
Nearly all new passenger vehicles, light- and heavy-duty trucks are equipped with some form of SCR/DEF technology.
Best DEF Electric Pump Reviews
Electric DEF pumps offer a multitude of benefits for large fleet service departments, long-range operators, and high-volume diesel shops.
After being set up, electric pumps can be equipped with outlets or batteries as power sources. Although initial costs can be higher, they are not necessarily more expensive. But, the time and effort you invest will have a significant impact on your final cost.
Intradin’s Fuelworks is a division of Intradin. It is an International Chinese concern that operates in more than 70 countries. AB-122 is a complete solution to transfer DEF. This pump can only be used for DEF or low alkaline products.
Everything is included in the kit, including an electric motor, mountings, fittings, and nozzles.
The AB-122 is capable of being configured for barrel, tote, and other DEF storage. The AB-122 can transfer between 2-14 gallons per hour.
- Complete solution
- Fuel works offer dedicated support for transfer pumps
- AB-122 is designed exclusively for DEF
- Operators may find it too costly
Wholesale and retail channels both have shown consumers the effects of contamination on diesel engines.
In the past decade, entire distribution channels and thousands of OEM manufacturers have grown to deal with DEF.
Best DEF Drum Pump Reviews
DEF drum pump is the most popular DEF transfer pump. Drum pumps can be used for any combination of drum sizes and are not stationary.
Drum pumps offer many options for the buyer.
There are many types of rotary and lever storage systems available.
Titan-CTS, an international chemical transfer company, is committed to industrial liquids. Titans’ leadership has decades of experience in chemical transfer.
The Titan 902-031-0 is made from stainless steel and polypropylene with Viton seals. With a 5-horsepower motor, the flow rate is 5 gallons/minute. This unit is ideal for small-scale diesel shops and individual operators. You can choose to use outlets or batteries as your electric source.
- Complete solution, including hoses, motor, and nozzle.
- A respected international company provides excellent support
- Only DEF compatible
- High-volume shops may experience slower flow rates
What to Consider When Buying a DEF?
Any diesel engine owner or operator must be able to transfer and store DEF. These are some considerations when looking for the best DEF pump on the market.
- Construction materials DEF can cause damage to carbon steel, aluminum, and copper as well as zinc and other minor metals. The toughest material for DEF pump construction is stainless steel.
- Seals – Viton and Buna seals make the best DEF elastomers. Both offer excellent corrosion and compression resistance.
- DEF solutions – DEF distribution channels have been growing rapidly since 2010. There are many options for equipment. You may end up paying more for replacements if you buy too many or too few items. For heavy-duty on-road vehicles, DEF to diesel consumption rates should be between 2 and 3 percent.
- Contamination Everyone advocates contamination control when handling DEF. Transfer pumps are an important step that must be carefully considered. Always consider quality over quantity. The replacement cost for full-featured DEF systems can easily reach thousands.
Best Ways To Pump Diesel Exhaust Fluid
There are many ways to pump diesel exhaust fluid. Some methods are more effective than others.
We will be examining the three best ways to pump diesel exhaust gas.
- Hand Pumps: A pre-made DEF hand pump can be ordered with a customized length of hose and type of nozzle. These hand pumps are very portable, easy to use, and convenient.
- Using a Gravity Kit: These kits consider the possibility that your bag may be higher than ground level, or even higher than you. For example, many people store their bags on large concrete platforms or cinderblocks. These devices allow for flexibility.
- The Tote Manifold Setup: This is a great choice as it allows you to tie in multiple totes to make the job easier. This kit should be purchased pre-assembled.
All these devices can be used in most situations, but ultimately your decision will depend on your personal situation. You should always shop around for the best solution to your particular needs.
The Key Takeaways
Diesel operators need to know their DEF storage and transfer capacity. There are many options available for each piece of equipment that you need.
Seals, brass connections, and plastic nozzles are all available.
You should carefully consider your distribution requirements. It is crucial to purchase quality equipment for any DEF handling situation.