If you have been running your diesel engine for some time, you may have noticed the reduction in power and increased fuel consumption. The cause of the problems is soot that accumulates in your engine, especially on injectors, no matter what kind of diesel you use.
There are three solutions to the problem:
- Cleaning using ultrasonic waves at the garage is expensive
- Taking the injectors out and cleaning them yourself is cheap but needs knowledge
- Diesel fuel additive that is the best option
When looking for diesel fuel additives, you may have come across Hot Shot’s Secret Diesel Extreme as the best additive but wondered what exactly it offers. This product is a preventative maintenance option, and alternative to DPF delete kits.
It contributes to reducing DPF regeneration cycles by up to 50%. Therefore, if your Regen stops working before you can get it fixed, this could likely save your truck from a hefty diesel particulate filter, diesel oxidation catalyst, exhaust gas recirculation valve, or selective catalyst reduction replacement costs.
Here is an in-depth review to give you everything you need to know about it.
What is the Hot Shot’s Secret Diesel Extreme?
DIESEL EXTREME is a thoroughly formulated, concentrated cleaner that removes all internal diesel injector deposits (IDIDs), including waxy and polymeric warranties. In addition, DIESEL EXTREME contains a top-tier degree of fuel stabilizer, cetane booster, and lubricity additive, providing performance while cleaning the fuel system.
Hot Shot’s Secret Diesel Extreme is a premium 6-in-1 diesel additive containing the most concentrated detergent formula on the market. Diesel Extreme fuel additive is formulated to resolve issues related to Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel and significantly improve your truck’s performance and fuel economy.
Engineered with specific detergents, Diesel Extreme will safely remove and prevent Internal Diesel Injector Deposits (IDIDs), External Diesel Injector Deposits (EDID’s), and other forms of varnish. Deposits cause scaring and wear, which leads to premature failure of fuel system components, including fuel pumps and injectors.
Diesel Extreme fuel additive also includes a powerful cetane improver, improving your diesel fuel’s cetane rating by seven points to improve combustibility, horsepower, and fuel economy. By improving combustibility, this diesel fuel treatment reduces the number of diesel particulate filter (DPF) regeneration cycles needed. Diesel Extreme also contains a lubricity enhancer to reduce further wear, a water dispersant, rust and corrosion inhibitors, and a fuel stabilizer.
Hot Shot’s Secret – P040464Z Diesel Extreme Clean and Boost – 64 fl. oz.
This diesel fuel additive is scientifically prepared and optimized for engine cleaning and boosting. Its major ingredients include:
- 49% Nitric acid and 2-Ethylhexyl ester
- 34% Distillates, hydrotreated light, petroleum
- 3-5% solvent naphtha, petroleum
Together with some other minor ones, these components act on the engine parts and the fuel, making the engine as good as new. It picks up deposits and forms a combusted mixture, leaving the engine clean. It is quite a revolutionary product.
The research and innovation deployed in developing the fuel additive are commendable as it manages to combat the common problems that may kill an engine if not addressed.
At this point, it is also good to let you know that it is entirely safe for your engine. It does not pose any risk whatsoever to the components of your machine.
What Exactly Does it Do?
Now that you know what the additive is made of, the question remains, what will it do to your engine? You might have stumbled upon a host of the features below on the market and wondered if it was true. After testing it out on several diesel engines, the following were the proven features:
- Cleans the injectors, pumps, tanks, and lines restoring the machine to its optimal function
- It does boost cetane and stabilizes fuel tremendously, increasing fuel efficiency
- Lubrication of fuel pumps and injectors that enables them to last longer
- It does neutralize the acid.
- Removes free water from your engine, and this is especially important in countries where moisture is an issue
- Coating of the tank and lines makes them resistant to corrosion, rust, and deposits
At first, when you see the features on their official site and in stores, you may think it is just for marketing the product, but wait until it brings your engine back to life.
Its implications for the cost of running your engine both fuel-wise and in maintenance is quite impressive besides the extra mileage that it offers.
A review is not complete without the good old pros and cons. So here it is to help you decide whether you will go for it or not.
- It boosts the performance and power of the engine, having been proven to increase horsepower.
- Removing free water gives this fuel additive a competitive edge over most other additives.
- It only needs to be used twice a year which is reflective of its efficiency and pocket-friendliness
- Tremendously cuts down the fuel consumption of diesel engines
- Lowers noise levels after cleaning the engine
- Reduces maintenance cost by protecting the engine and restoring it
- Suitable for virtually every diesel engine, including the 6.4 Powerstroke
- Treats 150 gallons of diesel which at the current price is the least expensive of all diesel fuel additives
- It has a lower effect on engines running on high-quality fuels
- It has a distinct odor
- Less preventive than similar products
Finally, after everything has been laid bare, the big question is whether to buy or not. Judging from the game-changing features, it brings to the world of diesel fuel additives, it is worth buying.
From cleaning the engine to protecting it that will cut down on maintenance costs and fuel consumption, it qualifies to be a revolutionary product every diesel engine owner needs to consider.
It is currently available on the official site and major online and physical stores across the globe. It is high time you breathe some life into your diesel engine and get back the power it had when new.